Balance and proportion make up an attractive face. As the central facial feature, the nose is a foundational element of this aesthetic balance. When any aspect of the nose is disproportionate to the rest of the visage, it can cause ongoing self-consciousness. Rhinoplasty reshapes the nose to balance the face and improve its appearance.
What Is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic procedure designed to improve the nose. Most people seek this procedure to make the following improvements:
- Correcting asymmetry
- Reangling the slope of the nose
- Eliminating bridge humps or bumps
- Narrowing the width of the bridge
- Changing the contour or proportion of the nose tip
- Modifying the size or shape of the nostrils