Many women across the globe seek breast augmentation using implants to enhance their figure and increase their self-confidence. However, because they are not meant to last forever, the implants can begin to cause discomfort, dissatisfaction, or concern. Breast implant removal can increase your quality of life by surgically removing the implants you no longer want.
What Is Breast Implant Removal?
Also known as explant surgery, breast implant removal involves removing existing breast implants from the breast pocket. There are many reasons that one may wish to remove their breast implants, including:
- Desire to change the size of the breasts
- Pain or discomfort in the neck, shoulders, chest, or back
- Shifts in your figure due to weight gain or loss, pregnancy, or aging, which impact the appearance of the breasts
- Breast implant deflation, leakage, rupture, or deformity
- Lifestyle changes to increase the quality of life
- BII (breast implant illness), BIA-ALCL (breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma), or other health concerns